The batch file
I use this web page to create the DOS batch file that runs tsMuxeR and eac3to according to the AVCHD joining procedure described in my Joining My AVCHD Videos page. This web page works with Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome but does not work with Internet Explorer.
Essentially, the batch file created by this web page performs the following tasks:
- Set up the various parameters to be used by tsMuxeR and eac3to.
- Set up the meta file to be used by tsMuxeR.
- Run eac3to to generate the joined audio file.
- Run tsMuxeR with the eac3to audio file to generate the joined AVCHD file.
- Remove some temporary files generated during the joining process.
Steps to create the batch file
Enter a file name for the joined AVCHD file below:
- Drag and drop the AVCHD files to be joined from the AVCHD working directory to the box below:
- Review the AVCHD files to be joined. Repeat Step 2 if necessary. The joining sequency is listed above and is determined by the alphabetical order of the file names.
Click on the button below to generate the batch code:
Open Notepad from Windows:
- Click the Start button.
- Click Run.
- Type Notepad and press Enter.
Copy the batch code to Notepad:
- Double-click inside the text box above to highlight all the batch code.
- Right-click and select Copy.
- Go back to Notepad.
- Right-click and select Paste.
Save the file as AVCHD.bat:
- Click File from the top menu bar.
- Click Save As.
- Set "Save as type" to "All files (*.*)".
- Enter "AVCHD.bat" as file name.
- Click Save.
- Close Notepad.